Even though I grew up in New York City, through out my life I have always loved being outside and playing sports - from the beach and the mountains, to the field hockey field and the softball diamond. My parents always made sure we were being active on family vacations whether it were sailing or skiing. I've also always loved to tell stories through pictures. With my love of the outdoors, sport, and photography it's been a natural transition to get involved in social media.
I've held a variety of jobs in PR, Strategic Communications, and Social Media over the last 15 years for both traditional sports like Major League Baseball and the Detroit Pistons and outdoor/ action sports brands like GoodPeople.com and Outessa. Having lived in Vail for 6 years I knows what it's like to be a local and feel a real connection to those communities which I bring into my work. I like to work with inspired people who are passionate about their projects and brands.
Have a look at my background:
- Sports Management and Communication Degree from the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Background in PR and Strategic Communications for traditional sports that include baseball and basketball.
- Media credentials at 10 different X Games including Aspen, Los Angeles and Foz do Iguacu Brazil.
- Helped teach skateboarding at Staple's Center in LA during the X Games @ GoodPeople activation
- Helped coordinate and screen Lynsey Dyer's Pretty Faces Premier in San Francisco.
- Attend Industry Trade Shows: Agenda, Outdoor Retailer.
- Built and managed social media following for a online outdoor/action sports marketplace GoodPeople.com.
- Launched and Managed REI Outessa Summit's social media strategy.
- Attended REI Outessa Summit, a massive women's getaway and executed event social media plan.
- Prepared and presented Stoke Workshop for women at GoPro Women's Summit.
- Panelists for Women's Sports Film Festival screening of Leanne Pelosi's Full Moon Film discussing women in snowboarding.
- Participated with charities and non profits including Boarding 4 Breast Cancer's Skate the Lake and Shredaton and Stoked Mentoring's TriShredaton.
I have developed deep personal relationships with top influencers and bloggers across the lifestyle and outdoor industry. Through my work, it is easy to see my love of the outdoors, and appreciation for life’s simple pleasures.
Examples of what I've done for clients (and what I could do for you):
- Prepare and publish all posts across social channels, including managing the publishing calendar
- Monitor, listen to, and engage with social audience across several platforms
- Develop live social content, including Instagram and Snapchat stories.
- Compile data across several social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports
- Develop data-driven analysis for insights, optimizations, and future strategy development
- Harness social listening to gain insights into post performance, audience interests, and competitive analysis to identify opportunities and tactics for growth
- Propose and execute innovative tactics to increase social performance
- Review past post performance and propose opportunities for re-promotion and post repurposing
- Proactively find engagement opportunities with influencers
- Provide assistance in coordinating and administering fulfillment for contests and influencer programs, interacting with winners/influencers as needed.
- A constant finger on the what’s new in the social landscape
- Moderate social channels
- Draft/edit copy and/or images as needed to for the various social channels.
- Support planning and execution of social media programs and campaigns as needed.
- Contribute to social content calendars by generating new ideas that would appeal to client's audiences.