A couple years ago I attended a party in Vail at the house of a couple that Mike used to sail with on Lake Dillon. I noticed around their house that they had about a hundred test tubes filled with sand from all the different destinations they had traveled to.
I exclaimed “Why hadn’t I thought of this before!?” What a great idea for a special unique souvenir to remember your travels by.
So ever since then you will always find a roll of ziplock baggies in my pack or suitcase waiting to be filled with each beach I visit unique grains of sand.
Now all I need to do is retrace my steps to all the beaches from my past!
- Finns Beach Club, Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
- Cancun, Mexico
- Long Beach, NY
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Santa Monica, CA
- The Lost Coast, CA
- Westhampton Beach, NY
- Ditch Plains, Montauk, NY
- Sayulita, Mexico
- Crystal Bay, Nusa Penida, Bali, Indonesia
- Pillar Point Beach, Half Moon Bay, CA
- Marina Piccola, Capri, Italy
- Yosemite Lake, Yosemite National Park, WY
- Marieta Island, Mexico
- Atrani Beach, Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Nusa Lembongan, Bali, Indonesia
- Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy
- Lombok, Indonesia
- Kuta, Bali, Indonesia
- Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
- Bingin Beach, Bali, Indonesia
- Gili Air, Lombok, Indonesia