Raw Chocolate Hearts
- 2 ounces (60 grams) of Coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (if you like it bitter, add only 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup walnuts or other nuts chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Note: You'll need small heart-shaped chocolate molds (like these) to make this recipe.
1. Place the coconut oil in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Once it's melted, add the raw cacao powder, pure maple syrup, cayenne, and vanilla powder (if using), and stir for 2 minutes until well-combined.
2. Stir in the nuts if using.
3. Spoon the liquid chocolate mix into small heart-shaped chocolate molds, and sprinkle them with salt. Then place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer and make sure the chocolate is firm before taking it out of the mold. Store the chocolate hearts in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for a month.