Well this is an awesome alternative to s'mores if you are going backpacking and don’t want to carry all the ingrediants or a way to eat s'mores at home if your landlord doesn’t allow you to have a fire pit
1 bag of Small Marshmallows
Graham Crackers - enough to fill a baking sheet + a couple more
2 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars - or more knock yourself out
1 bag of Chocolate Chips - I use Guitard cause they are the amazing!
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (not parchment or waxed paper).
- Arrange all but two graham cracker quarters in a rectangle on the lined baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate using your preferred method (I used my double boiler, but you could also microwave the chocolate in 30 second increments).
- Once the chocolate is fully melted and smooth, pour it over the graham crackers, smoothing it evenly with a spatula. Some chocolate will go between the crackers and may go over the edges –> that’s ok!!
- Quickly pour the mini marshmallows over the melted chocolate. Move the tray to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden the chocolate slightly. Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove the tray from the refrigerator and place it under the broiler (this is why we’re using aluminum foil instead of parchment paper!) Leaving the oven open a crack, broil the bark for 1-2 minutes, watching constantly, until the marshmallows are lightly browned or darker depending on how you like them - I like mine a little more “well done”
- Remove the tray from the oven. Quickly place the Hershey pieces into the melted chocolate and marshmallow. Crumble the remaining 2 quarters of graham cracker into the melted chocolate as well.
- Return the tray to the refrigerator for 1 hour or until the chocolate is completely hardened. Break the S’more bark into smaller pieces. Serve cold and refrigerate leftovers.
Yeah this is the best snack ever!