The basic idea is to soak white chia seeds in coconut milk, maple syrup (or Honey), and fresh vanilla over night. Then add fruit in the morning. A friend used this combination: raw cacao powder, coconut milk, vanilla powder, and goji berries.
You can get Vanilla Powder here
- ½ banana
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 - ½ cup soy milk, (if you like a creamier bowl of oats, add a bit more milk)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Small handful walnuts or almonds
- ¾ Tbsp. chia seeds
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Optional toppings: sesame tahini, peanut butter, cocoa powder
- Mash banana in a bowl. Stir in oats, yogurt, milk, cinnamon and chia seeds. Mix until combined. Cover, and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with nuts, maple syrup and any additional toppings you desire.